Lightly Used. No tears
Photo is stock
- Gard Bag’s unique Mid Bag Suspension System
- Bell area protected by a wooden disc padded with dense foam
- Padding made up of dense, thick and impact resistant foam
- Zipper guard provides all-round protection
- Heavy-duty electroplated brass hardware
- Heavy-duty zippers
- All weight bearing joints are riveted as well as stitched
- Most leather bags have a water repellent cape
Inner dimensions in inches - 15.75 x 12.25 x 7.50
Inner dimensions in centimeter - 40 x 31 x 19
Midbag Suspension System (Patent Pending)
Ordinary Bag – Instruments rest on side and bottom.
In ordinary bags, the delicate protruding parts of the musical
instrument touch the bottom and side walls of the gig bag. In the
event of an accidental impact the delicate protruding parts (1, 2 and 3)
are liable to be damaged.
Mid Bag Suspension System – Instrument is suspended in mid air inside the bag.
In the mid bag suspension system the music instrument is held by the
more robust parts of the musical instrument (leaving the delicate parts
suspended in mid air). This is done by flexible belts and a foam cone
fixing the bell. (Patent applied for)
As a result, 9 out of 10 times, the music instrument will escape damage when dropped.
All round total protection = hard foam + no gaps
1. A specially formulated hard foam is used. This foam is
expensive, dense and highly impact resistant. We test the hard foam by
bouncing a 300gm glass ball on the foam laid over a glass plate. Only if
the glass ball or glass plate does not break, chip or crack, then the
foam is approved for use.
Ordinary bags use soft foam, which does not protect.
2. For all round total protection, there is no gap under the seam. A removable wooden disc padded with hard foam ensures double protection under the seam
to the vulnerable bell area of your music instrument
In ordinary bags the foam protection stops short 1/2" (12mm)
on both sides of the seam. Along the seam there is a 1" (25mm) gap in
The bell lip of the music instrument slips into this unprotected
gap under the seam and is easily damaged by any impact on the seam.
No gap under seam
gap under seam
3. For all round total protection there is no gap under the zipper. A band of thick hard foam is sewn under the zipper (zipper guard). This zipper guard prevents the music instrument from damage by impact or by scratches from the zipper.
Rain Cape with night reflecting logo.
4. Water repellent cape,protects your leather bag from the rain and keeps it looking like new.