'Leap to Flame'
Concert & Community Event
- Friday, July 18, 2014 ~ 7 pm downbeat, doors at 6:30
- Lincoln Hall at Portland State University
- 1620 SW Park Avenue Portland, Oregon 97201
- $20 Ticket Price
- ~ students & low income: $10-$15 sliding scale ~
Building on the success of his two new CD projects, Portland musician & Berklee College of Music graduate, Max Ribner, is creating a live music & community event called ‘Leap to Flame.’
“Leap to Flame is intended to spark change and encourage people to discover their purpose and passion” -Max Ribner.
This family friendly concert is quite unlike anything Portland has ever seen. Heart and health oriented, the evening of musical encouragement will honor children, honor elders and honor the arts. We've got 450 seats to fill, so tell your friends!
Here’s the evening’s amazing lineup:
1. Max Ribner Band - This 11 piece band offers gospel soul and jazz music deeply rooted in peace, compassion and healing. Max Ribner Band will surely get you dancing and offers a spiritual journey of hope and inspiration. This concert will release “Leap to Flame,” the second CD of Max Ribner Band. Featured on this album are 50 of Portland’s top musicians with names such as Bibi McGill (Beyoncè) Liv Warfield (Prince) and the soaring vocals of Saeeda Wright.
2. Youth Music Empowerment - There won’t be a dry eye in the crowd, with the inspiring originals written and performed by a choir of empowered children, ages 5 to 12. Max Ribner is the leader and mentor of this ensemble and believes children are our greatest teachers. Through improvising, songwriting and positive health, Max gives these children a sacred outlet for the arts, offering a safe haven for the children. Youth Music Empowerment encourages children to keep their faith alive and to sing it loud, letting their own personal muse shine brightly. This flame radiates not only in their musical education, but in everyday choices of loving actions. This concert will also release “Wolf Pak,” the first CD of Youth Music Empowerment.
3. Four Winds Foundation - Featured this evening, elder Sweet Medicine will provide storytelling, Native American wisdom and ceremony. Throughout the night there will be traditional Lakota songs, reminding us to carry the ancient simplicity which grounds and uplifts us. Sweet Medicine is the spiritual leader of Four Winds Foundation, a collective of individuals dedicated to offering ceremonies, vision quests, rights of passage for youth, sweat lodges, women and men retreats, as well as classes in primitive skills.
4. Nutritional Nourishment -Max Ribner is offering a healthy alternative through music. It is important to feel good about ourselves internally and externally so we can become more clear with who we are and what our visions are. Thus, offered at intermission will be fresh organic vegetable and fruit juices of the highest quality. Also available will be handcrafted chocolat delights provided by Kilikina’s. Each batch of chocolat is created with various combinations of organic and raw Ecuadorian cacao, superfoods, medicinal herbs, spices and essential oils.
Long Term Vision: Max’s long term vision is to take this production and travel to areas in need of healing, such as rehabilitation centers, jails and troubled youth centers. This production is a pure spark to create positive change in the world and will leave a beautiful essence behind.
Your Generous Donations Will Support: Theater rental fee, union theater workers, album printing and publicity.